EDexpo, the premier showcase for the latest innovations covering every facet of learning — instructional materials, teaching aids, technology products to educational games, toys, and supplies — brought buyers and sellers in the educational products marketplace to Atlanta, GA in February.
Session tracts touched on the current state of education focusing on issues such as state and federal standards. Notable speakers were featured, focusing on the future educational outlook.
- Experienced Resellers
- Beginning Resellers
- Exhibitor Sessions
Maker Movement Comes to EDexpo!
EDexpo is the place to be when it comes to learning about one of the hottest trends in education, Makerspace! These hands-on, interactive learning centers were showcased in a unique exhibit area to help attendees tap into this growing sales opportunity.
- Discover products that capitalize on the Maker Movement
- Become the expert resource for your school customers and community
- And have fun!
Decatur Maker, a non-profit in the Atlanta area, coordinated an area on the exhibit floor where attendees interacted with the Makers and tried out the equipment. The participating organizations displayed typical tools found in Makerspaces that capture the spirit of making such as a 3D printer, laser cutter, robotics demonstration, woodworking equipment, and more.
Historically, at least one person from every dealer company visits the EDexpo New Product Showcase (NPS) to find the innovative, new products that will attract customers to their stores. In addition to the Dealer, Educational Bloggers, Curriculum Directors, School District Buying Officials, and Administrators will walk through this area to find the next best educational product.
- Win an ‘Eddies’ Award! The New Product Showcase sponsor, Educational Dealer magazine, awards the coveted ‘Eddies’ award to the top three products with the highest number of votes.
- The product with the most votes will win the grand prize—the cover of the spring issue of Educational Dealer Magazine.
- Located in a high-traffic area, the New Product Showcase is the one-stop shop for all that is new.
The Main EDvent
The Main EDVent, the entertainment buzz of the show, was held at the nearby Atlanta Opera House. EDexpo friends joined each other for a night of food, dancing, giveaways, and more. Dinner, live music and a commemorative t-shirt was provided for all dealers. Thanks to Catalog Solutions and their vendor partners for sponsoring the party!